Friday, May 1, 2009

name change

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to change the business name to CLARE VIVIER. Recently, I've been led to believe that my long lost, deceased, genius, cousin-by-marriage's grupo Italiano may not allow me to continue with the simple nom de famille. So this is me playing around with new logos. Although playing is not the right word. More like torturing. No, too drastic and not very appropriate, um how about anguishing over a new logo. The choice will eventually be left up to graphic design extraordinaire and my good friend Snow Kahn, the creative behind such sites as Free City Supershop, Greybull Press, amazing clothing designer Gary Graham, and the website for OK store on 3rd street. But I've got to get some ideas out for her to start with...then she can twinkle her genius fingertips on them and come up with something far more brills than anything I coulda thought of but something I'll look at and go, why didn't I think of that. It's like that with inspiring, smart creative friends - they're always in the same direction just on another track with different scenery affecting the results. (yes, I used genius two times in this short entry...sorry.)

And, on a different note, my dapper, astute (I didn't say genius, although I could have) father (see Mariage de Greta et David below for proof) sent me great this essay from the NY Times Book Review by Tom Bissell about David Foster Wallace's commencement address at Kenyon Collage in 2005 - now a published work titled This Is Water, but you can read it here.

No comments: