Monday, May 23, 2011

Coryander Friend

That is really her name. Coryander Friend
So I think we can all agree that she possesses the best name in the world.
She's also gorgeous & a set decorator & has great style.
I met her at a Mohawk Gen Store party. It was a winter evening and she walked in the store wearing a red plaid, ear flap hat à la Elmer Fudd, a ridiculously chic black wool coat, a lovely warm smile and a bright green CV clutch that went so well with all of it.

 Last week, she stopped by the store (wearing a black CV messenger) because she had to find a replacement for her beloved green clutch which she'd worn so nearly to death, she brought it to a shoe place to try to bring it's life back. A week later when she went to pick it up, she found the same well-loved and worn bag only now with a boatload of green shoe polish all over it. She wanted to cry.
Instead she decided to come get a new clutch.
What ensued was an epitomic bag shopping episode, every girl knows well:
 She loved the bright peony colored foldover...
 But the pebbled grey was sooo fantastic...
 But the peony pink replaced her badly missed green by being another burst of brightness.
 Oooh, but the gray was just suuch a good neutral.
This is the mirror she was reflecting her choices in...I swear none of this is acting I was documenting Coryander's real shopping dilemma.
Dilemma being the operative word as then she saw the royal blue pebble and all hell broke loose in the decision process.
 Grey pebble was then shoved to the back burner and the race was now between oversized royal blue pebble and peony pink. 


Peony pink won. 
After all, it was Coryander and  she was looking to replace a dear bright Friend.










13 comments:

Jessica said...

We are planning a trip to LA this summer and honestly, the thing I am looking forward to most is a trip to your shop to buy something in person!

jennifer said...

Love the peony pink she went with. I love her blazer/jacket too. Wish I knew who it was by!

Ashima said...

So very nicely captured. I wish this very DILEMNA on myself.

Rachael said...

So, so in love with the Peony pink clutch..I love your range of bags and have just recently featured one of your clutches on my blog.

Rebekka Seale said...

She is adorable and so is the clutch(es)!!

Megan Taylor said...

In that first picture, her hand looks like a ballerina's!

Sunday Taylor said...

I want the Royal blue pebble clutch. Need to make this happen. I will call you!

madilla said...

Excellent decision!
Now I can have the blue one!

jill said...

The peony seems like the right choice for her. I am dying to know what her peasant dress is and her super cool skull ring. Any idea??

Dale Smith said...

Is the bright peony colour the same as pink patent that is on the website?

vE & cB said...

cool clogs!

tada! shop said...

i love this! so perfectly captured the bag choice dilemma! love the peony!

Kat said...

I lurve the peony pink clutch but I can't the colour listed on the online shop! Is it called something else in the online shop? Or is it not available at the moment??