Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Paris, Je T'aime


Feels like I was just there, but last week I took another trip to the City of Light for market appointments, where I got to meet with European (& Asian) buyers and editors from all over the world! After the seemingly interminable flight from LAX, I arrived at 7 a.m. in Paris, just in time to catch a few winks before heading over to the lunch fête for Garance Dore and her debut stationery and gift collection with Rifle Paper Co. at Claus.


Here are some of the lovely cards and notes that were on display, all hand drawn by Garance. 


The tempting French pastries and delicacies at lunch.


I adore this shot of Garance. She is so lovely and looks radiant at the lunch in her honor. It was my first time meeting her and she was a charmingly hospitable host. 


I was so excited when I saw this shot of stylist Elisa Nalin that New York Times Fashion shared on Instagram. She's wearing the double dot clutch for Fall and it looks so good against her cool combo of yellow hues. I couldn't have dreamed up a better model.


I stopped into Le Bon Marché to see the CV collection, newly arrived at the store, and do a presentation for the sales staff.


And I was obliged to peruse the shoe department while I was there. I fell in love with these Isabel Marant geometric print shoes with low talons (day heels, yay!) - in fact, I'm wearing them today.


On my way to dinner I walked past this Curtis Kulig design on the façade of the Louis Vuitton store in Saint Germain. The colors were perfect. 


That night I had dinner with the adorable couple from Rifle Paper Co., Anna and Nathan, at the (very popular) Le Relais de L'Entrecôte. I had the typically French steak frites and loved the handwritten dessert menu. 


The spoils of dîner with the team: Vin rouge, moutarde and some sweet business cards.


On our way home from dinner I got the best view in the city, the Louvres all lit up at night. 


This shot makes me smile. As soon as I got out of the metro, the rain had stopped and this beautiful rainbow emerged over a still-soaked Paris. 


A typical Parisian interior with toile and floral prints. 


I loved this wall I saw in a store while out and about and I had to snap a pic.


Christene Barberich and Annie Georgia Greenberg from Refinery29 came by to see the Fall collection. I stole this great shot straight from Christene's insta. Her caption said it all: "Beaucoup clutches" 


And that crazy long flight back home. Me and my traveling companion, Grace Lee, decided to stock up on some essential reading with this heaping pile of print. A perfect way to wind down from the trip. 

No comments: