Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring too soon


These are my latest thrift store find. No, not from Oskar's, but from another undisclosed location with some equally as good finds. The problem is that winter's over, not that we ever have a real winter here in LA, but we do have a time when black suede thigh-high boots, no matter how chic, are appropriate and a time when they're not. It's getting to be just about the latter and I'm totally bummed. I figure I've got a few more nights in them, but soon just the idea of boots even at night will incite a heat rash.


Click for a better look! I KNOW I've got to get another way to show off outfits du jour, but I never said I was a graphic designer (nor a model, ahem...). I am, however, a bag designer. Hey, did you see those three bags with the boots? Oh my god, I love love love my VIVIER work bag - it holds my laptop in the center padded pocket. I'll keep it for myself in black and natural canvas, but the tie dye one, the tie dye one! is vintage fabric from the 70s which is backed with sturdy canvas. I could hang it on the wall like a piece of art. But I am a little obsessed with quality and history of fabrics. The black clutch is part of the REMAKE line - items made of remnant leather. I just got this amazing black tooled suede from Italy. I've got about 5 hides, so I can make about 15 of these. How gorg are they?? Email me (clare@seevivier.com) quick if you want to order one.

3 comments:

Heather Taylor said...

j'adore the boots! might need the suede clutch. loves

Joslyn said...

oh those boots are INSANE.

jeana sohn said...

i love the boots!!!!