Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Look Back at 2013 - Incredible!


This year has been full of so many amazing experiences as CV has continued to grow right in front of my eyes. So amid the holiday frenzy, I wanted to stop for a second and look back at the best moments of 2013 - the ones that made me scream with excitement and blink my eyes in disbelief! 



I loved seeing this photo of the always chic Jules of Sincerely Jules accessorizing her amazing fur-topped #NYFW look with the leopard Flat Clutch. Set against that crazy Fashion Week snow storm, it all looks too good. Even Fifi Lapin thought so, putting this adorable sketch on her blog.


Back in April, I traveled to Japan for the very first time to visit all of my store accounts there. It was an incredible experience filled with street style inspiration (just look at these school girls!), incredible food, and fun at the new Steven Alan store in Tokyo. 


I did a double take when I got an email from GOOP earlier in the year talking about a collaboration since I was already a subscriber and I love anything and everything Gwyneth. We did some super cute clutches and even a herringbone duffle this season that's exclusive to GOOP. Such a big moment for our brand.


I was happy to meet Katherine Schwarzenegger in New York this year through a mutual friend, when she returned to LA, she said she wanted to come to our studio and she stayed true to her word - and brought her mom! We were all so excited. I think Maria's Zip Wallet looks pretty good with the "MS" monogram. 


I always love when new collection samples come into the studio and we're all crushing on Spring '14. Jocelyn took this tote for a spin, featuring the new spot print that our Graphic Designer Lizzie drew by hand. So excited to see these babies in stores. 


Our summer trip to France is always a highlight of the year. I always love visiting my sister-in-law in the seaside town of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie. Here's one of my favorite shots of the trip, at the Fête du Poisson in town. 


A piece in Vanity Fair - does it get any better? West Coast editor Krista Smith interviewed me for their "Private Lives" section and I got to chat with her about where I started and where I'm headed, I still pinch myself about this one. I have to say I couldn't have picked a better issue to be included, I mean, HOVA was on the cover. 



 But our biggest moment - even bigger than a feature in VF :) - was in October when we opened a store in NEW YORK! We chose this sweet little storefront on Elizabeth Street in NoLita and my friend Simone Shubuck created this cool collage wall that turned out even better than I could have imagined. The crowds turned out, the press was great and everyone seems excited to have a bit of Clare V. in NYC. 


The day we shipped our very first box to Net-a-Porter was another big one for the studio. They made our bags look amazing - their styling is genius. 


And the most recent big piece of news in 2013 (that's still going!) is our special collection for Apple. I started my line with laptop cases so to be able to come back full circle with the brand that I've always loved with this collection was a dream come true. 

2013 has been such a fun and exciting year for CV, so thankful for everything and everyone involved. 

Happy new year everyone. xox cv

No comments: