Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Monday

This Monday started off a bit dim, I had to forgo my morning hike which I normally do in the lovely hills of this town, because I had to grab the week by it's horns so to speak and get some errands done first thing (after drop off...but still.) So I speed downtown to: find just the right ribbon to tie up the wrist wrap boxes - navy blue silk, check; to find the elusive jump rings I've been needing to attach brass logo'd tags to clutches and iPhone pouches, check; and finally to buy small plastic bags to put wrist wrap boxes in before going in envelope for delivery, check! Don't you love when you actually find the things you're looking for on errands? Looking brighter already, but wait things get better! Waiting in line to purchase said baggies, I get an email from Rose Apodaca!


If you don't know who the fabulous & clever Rose Apodaca is, Google her. Or just take a look at her bio which I excerpted from her website below just because it's so ridiculously impressive, and I only took half of it:

"Rose Apodaca is a pop culture and style journalist and the co-owner of A+R, the design retail lab based in Los Angeles. She contributes to Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Glamour, Paper, The Los Angeles Times Magazine, Style.com, Preen and other publications, and consulted on the launch of Image, The Los Angeles Times newest style section. Her first book, Style A to Zoe: The Art of Fashion, Beauty & Everything Glamour, an all-encompassing lifestyle guide written for celeb stylist Rachel Zoe, is now in paperback and hit The New York Times bestseller list in September 2008. She is currently wrapping up a biography on Fred Hayman, co-founder of Giorgio Beverly Hills and marketing architect of Rodeo Drive, as well as co-authoring a beauty book with neo-burlesque queen and style icon, Dita Von Teese."

And now you too may want to follow her every entry and twitter like I do and you'll understand why I was so happy to get an email from her with the subject line "You've been posted" and the salutation "Happy Monday", yes, indeed.


("rank right up there with oxygen" I'm still floored!!)Other exciting things are going on too, like my first English online boutique, Bodie and Fou is selling Trops like hotcakes! This is fastastic two-fold because 1. I'm selling bags in London! and 2. Bodie and Fou is a gorgeous online store run by Karine Kong and her sister Elodie. I met Karine through this blog (!) and while we've physically never met, if we ever do I'm pretty sure we'll be fast friends. I'm amazed to have made a connection like this.

Lastly, before I get the most out of the few hours of sleep available to me before the early morning hike tomorrow, I wanted to post this: Le mari decided to snap a few pictures himself of the work room filled with wrist wraps and I think they're beautiful:



bonne nuit.

No comments: