Friday, April 9, 2010

Chain Me Up

This is what I've been staring at, and stepping over, all week:

This pile of metal has been on the floor of my studio, just sitting there waiting to be chained to bags. They're staring at me as if to say, "Come on, make handles out of us. Put us on something cute. You can do it. Make something chic out of us...I know you want to." Oh, darling chains, I will! Soon. As soon as we get this order for a stylish Danish company out the door!

Okay. Done. J just shipped these lovely greens off to Copenhagen.

The company saw the bag I did for Target (via my valuable Danish connection) and they ordered 15 for a project they were doing where they wanted a green bag, literally, (if not figuratively,) the same shape as the Target clutch and, the kicker, it also had to vibe "Sex in the City 2."

Yeeokay. Done. I could totally see tiny Carrie looking Fieldsianly fabulous (I just coined a new adjective and adverb, you heard it here first) wearing this with a THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU plastic bag-cum-dress cinched at her 18-inch waist with a mass of colorful fuzzy pipe cleaners and some toweringly, terrific & bizarre-o Balenciagas at the bottom of her shiny, bare and incredibly sculpted legs. For example. Right?

Next up for CVIV (besides talking to chains and dreaming up outrageous Carrie attire): Summer bags - some with chains and some with no chains. Also, unveiling the clarevivier iPad case. Very, very excited for this. Pretty cute!!

5 comments:

Heather Taylor said...

hahahaha love this! very carrietastic. xoxo

Elsie Lau said...

love this color!

Megan Taylor said...

So much to look forward to! I love that green...

Iva Messy said...

WOW!!! I LOVE these!! so amazing!! fantastic green!!

Deb Kaplan said...

That green is divine! LOVE it!