Sunday, February 21, 2010

I [heart] New York - a post in 3 parts - Un

The Selby a Paris:
I haven't blogged all week as I was in New York with Jasmin Shokrian meeting with store buyers and press. I worked from morning until evening and then ran to have dinner at some fabulous place, got home late, then started early again the next a.m. It was a visit to the city that never sleeps and I've returned exhausted. Anyway, the reason I'm posting these fabulous pictures from the Selby, is because the wall above is what we saw upon exiting our dingy elevator on the 5th floor of our lovely, rented Chinatown space.
The French woman who rented us the space, worked with Todd Selby when he went to Paris to photograph the living/creative spaces of the hyper-hip Parisians (above is Nadege Winter.)
The showroom, which she vacated for us, was perfect for Jasmin and me. In our first time showing together, we inhabited it extremely successfully (pictures in an up coming post part deux de trois) seamlessly blending her clothes with my bags in a merchandising heaven. The colorful and inspirational pictures from the Selby were such a happy bonus, I had to photograph them.
The French novelist Frédéric Beigbeder, whom le mari has been enjoying lately was featured...
As was the incredibly gorgeous (and looong legged) Inès de la Fressange...
(all photos from TheSelby.com)

No comments: